Our Life

Our Life
Wordle of the last 8 months

Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend update September 20-21

This was the first weekend I really dedicated myself to full-time play therapy with Karis. I woke up, made breakfast, worked with K from 8:30-11:30, made lunch, worked with K from 1-4, ran to eg eggs, did some reading about autism in the car before heading home, made dinner, then worked with Karis from 6-8. It was a full 8 hour day.


Great things we've seen:  Karis played "catch" for perhaps the first time ever (or at least the first time since her regression last year. She also said a few new words:  "Gordo" and "express," both Thomas-related words of course. She's still isn't really saying meaningful words. She babbles about Thomas and Percy, but won't ask for food or water. But it's still a good sign that she's talking more.  Also-early this week I bumped into her in the hallway and said, "I'm sorry!"  Then she walked down the hallway saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." over and over. Echolalia is a classic sign of autism, but for now we'll take any gains in vocabulary  any way we can get it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment