Our Life

Our Life
Wordle of the last 8 months

Thursday, September 18, 2014

What it means to volunteer

Volunteering means:

I realized early on that the only way I would be able to give both Karis and Zachary (and Rochelle, AJ, Maggie, Paul, Charlie, and Joe) the attention they require and deserve would be by the Grace of God and through the kind sacrifices of other people.

Ideally, our volunteers will come in the morning to work the program individually with Zach and Karis so I can homeschool, be a mommy, and make breakfast, lunch, and dinner (at least assembled and put in the crockpot).  Then I can devote myself more fully to working with Karis especially, but Zach as well in the afternoon and evening.

We can all learn new ideas and techniques from each other, so feedback is an important part of the learning experience.  I'll check up on our volunteers now and then, and offer suggestions for improved interaction.  If they watch me playing with K and Z, they can point out things they see as well.

We'll have team meetings two evenings a month.  I'll bring some yummy food, then we'll review the highlights and lowlights, brainstorm some innovative solutions, set new goals, and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment